Cmstechovation Enterprise offer a reference to some information concerning Windows 10 update failing or a possible suggested solution. The below information is a best guess problem for the program not update.
Microsoft has started the Rollout process of Windows 10 version 1903
for everyone for free. It means every compatible device installed windows 10 latest version will receive the Windows 10 May 2019 update notification via windows update. Or you can get downloaded by manually checking for updates from settings -> update & security -> windows update -> check for updates. The overall Upgrade process is easier But for some users, Windows 10 May 2019 Update failed to install
for Unknown Reasons. Or users report feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install or stuck downloading
Most of the time’s windows update fails to install due to corrupt Windows Update cache. Again outdated, incompatible driver software, incompatibility of an application installed on your computer or third-party software conflicts also cause Windows update to fails to install. Whatever the reason If you are struggling from the similar problem apply the solution below.
Windows 10 1903 update failed to install
- First of all check and make sure your system meets minimum system requirements for Windows 10 version 1903.
- Next, make sure you have a Good and stable internet connection to download the latest windows update files from the Microsoft server.
- Some users also suggest security software block the upgrade process, Disable Third party Antivirus and VPN if connected.
- Open Settings -> Time & Language -> Select Region & Language from options on left. Here Verify your Country/Region is correct from the drop-down list.
- Start windows into clean boot state and check for updates, Which may fix the problem if any third party application, service causing the windows update stuck.
- Remove all connected External Devices such as a printer, scanner, audio jack, etc.
- Now Open Windows settings using Keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Click on update & Security then Windows update,
- hit the check for update button,
- Check if Feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 is available
- Click the download button and let windows update to download it from the Microsoft server
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
If following the above solutions didn’t fix the problem, Still Windows 10 1903 update failed to install with different errors. Run the official Windows update troubleshooter, that probably detect and fix the problems prevent windows 10 version 1903 to install.
- Open Settings app using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Click on update & security then troubleshooting
- Then select windows update and Run The Troubleshooter.
- The windows update troubleshooter will run and attempt to identify if any problems exist which prevent your computer from downloading and installing Windows 10 feature update.
- During diagnose process this will restart Windows update service and check its related services running, check update database for corruption and try to automatically fix them.
- After complete, the process Restart windows and again manually Check for Updates.
Reset windows update components
If the windows update storage folder (Software distribution folder) Get corrupted, Contains any buggy updates this will cause Windows Update to stuck downloading at any percentage. Or Cause features update to Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install.
And Clearing the folder where all of the update files are stored will force Windows Update to download afresh. Which fix most of the windows update related problems. To do this
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok to open windows services console,
- Scroll down and look for Windows update service,
- Right click on windows update service select stop,
- Do the same process with BITs and superfetch service,
- And minimize the Windows update console screen.
- Now opne Windows file explorer using keyboard shortcut Windows + E,
- Go to
- Delete everything within the folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
- To do so, press CTRL + A to select everything and then press Delete to remove the files.
- Now navigate to C:\Windows\System32
- Here rename the cartoot2 folder as cartoot2.bak.
- That’s all Now Restart the services (windows update, BITs, Superfetch) which you previously stopped.
- Restart windows and again check for updates from settings -> update & security -> windows update.
- Hope this time your system successfully upgrade to windows 10 version 1903 without any stuck or update installation error.
Make sure Installed Device Drivers Are Updated
Also, Make Sure All Installed Device Drivers Are Updated and compatible with the current windows version. Especially Display Driver, Network Adapter, and Audio Sound Driver. Outdated Display driver mostly causes update error 0xc1900101, Network Adapter cause unstable internet connection which fails to download update files from the Microsoft server. And the outdated Audio driver causes update error 0x8007001f. That’s why we recommend check and update device driver with the latest version.
Run SFC and DISM command
Also Run the DISM restore health command to service and prepare Windows images, including those used for Windows PE, Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and Windows Setup. And system file checker utility to restore missing system files with correct one.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Run DISM command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Next type sfc /scannow and hit the enter key.
- This will scan the system for missing corrupted system files
- if found any the utility Automatically restore them from %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- Wait until 100% complete the process After that restart windows and check for updates.
If all above options failed to install windows 10 May 2019 Update, Causing different error then use official media creation tool to upgrade windows 10 version 1903 without any error or problem.